Contrary to my new year resolution, I have been stocking up cheap second hand books on my weekly shopping exploit around the city of Reading. It is truly irresistable and here’s why:
- I read The Post Birthday World by Lionel Shriver last year, it’s one of my favourite. I got it for £2 from the Cancer Research Foundation.
- Bill Bryson’s A Short History of Everything for £2 from Mind Charity Organisation last week. It’s practically new, with glossy inserts of colourful pictures which the normal edition lacks.
- Then we came to the End by John Ferris for 50p at Christian Community Action.
- Michael Crichton’s hardback Next at Christian Community Action.
- Bridget Jones’s Diary for 10p at the Reading Central Library book sale.
- Michael Palin’s hardback glossy pictures and amazing photography Himalayan for £1 at the 99p shop.
- Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates for 50p, practically new at Christian Community Action.