It seems obvious that I should be joining this Reading Challenge!
The rules are:
Timeline: 1st Jan 2010~ 31st Dec 2010. Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.
1. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate.
2. There are four levels:
• “Put The Kettle On” – Read 2 Typically British novels.
• “Gordon Bennett” – Read 4 Typically British novels.
• “Bob’s Your Uncle” – Read 6 Typically British novels.
• “Cream Crackered” – Read 8 Typically British novels.
3. Any book format counts. Must be fiction not non-fiction.
4. You don’t have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront then you can change them, nothing is set in stone!
5. The books you choose can crossover into other challenges.
It is inevitable that I always include two or more typically British novels in my read and will promise to be a bit more selective in what I defined as Typically British. I have Sarah Waters’ The Little Stranger to read next. I’ll start with Gordon Bennett and slowly work my way up Cream Crackered, hoping that I’m not knackered by then, because this will be the last reading challenge I’ll sign up for today!
Many thanks Book Chick City
for hosting this challenge. I will be the 95th participants!