Lovely Bellezza is hosting Japanese Literature Reading Challenge 4. I have been waiting for this about 7 months. Now that it is here, I spent a long time pondering on what I should read.
Button is beautiful. One book to qualify for the challenge. Can’t resist.
I plan to take this opportunity to read some of Murakami and hopefully Yoshimoto’s backlists; and pick up a new to me Japanese author.
With that thought, I brought home these from the library last weekend.
- Norwegian Wood – Heralded to be one of his best, I own the book and has been sitting on my pile since last year.
- Sputnik Sweetheart – would be nice to read one Murakami’s tale of romance after another.
- After Dark – No particular reason, it’s just slim, that’s all.
- After the Banquet – New to me author Yukio Mishima.
- Hotel Iris – Saw it sitting there on the shelf, beckoning. I know how eerie Ogawa’s stories can be, the last one The Diving Pool still gives me the creeps, lets see how this goes.
- A Clockwork Orange – nothing to do with J-Lit, but it’s a loot!
Can’t wait to clear my other books and get on with these!