I can’t believe it is March already. Where has the time gone?
About late last year I bought the hardback of 2666 and wanted to host a read-along myself with the book.
Now that Leeswammes’ is hosting the read-along, I thought perhaps I would jump on the bandwagon and see how it goes. I am usually good in keeping promises, but due to work commitment if I can’t cope I would have to opt out. At least if I don’t like it, Lee has given me her permission to send in a polemic comment in her blog and be done with it! That’s the kind of objectivity I like. 🙂
But I have a feeling I would like this book……
Please see Lee’s post on the Read-Along if you want to sign up to it, the more the merrier.
The Read-along starts today and the Schedule is:
Behind the page numbers is the date that we’ll discuss that particular part.
Section I The Part About the Critics (2 weeks)
1. Pages 3-79 (77 pages) March 5th
2. Pages 80-159 (79 pages) March 12th
Section II The Part About Amalfitano (1 week)
3. Pages 163-228 (65 pages) March 19th
Section III The Part About Fate (2 weeks)
4. Pages 231-291 (60 pages) March 26th
5. Pages 292-349 (57 pages) April 2nd
Section IV The Part About the Crimes (4 weeks)
6. Pages 353-424 (71 pages) April 9th
7. Pages 425-496 (71 pages) April 16th
8. Pages 497-568 (71 pages) April 23rd
9. Pages 567-633 (66 pages) April 30st
Section V The Part About Archimboldi (3 weeks)
10. Pages 637-723 (86 pages) May 7th
11. Pages 724-810 (86 pages) May 14th
12. Pages 811-895 (84 pages) May 21st
At the end of each week, Lee will post a summary of what we’ve read, and a few questions. You can discuss the book on her blog in the comments, and/or make your own post about what you’ve been reading (and leave a link on her post for that week).
Lee reminds you not to feel obliged to post or comment every week! Join in at any time and read the relevant discussion posts when you get to that part of the book.
Won’t you come and read-along? 😉